Refreshes theoretical knowledge of the trade in preparation for the Heavy Duty Equipment Technician Certificate of Qualification with Red Seal Endorsement (IP) examination. Contact the Industry Training Authority (tel. 778-328-8700 or toll free within BC 1-866-660-6011) to determine eligibility and to schedule an examination.
- Minimum of six years experience in the trade
Below is one offering of HDMX 0100 for the Fall 2022 term.
Mon Sep 12 - Mon Nov 21 (10 weeks)
- 10 weeks
- CRN 30833
Class meeting times
|Sep 12 - Nov 16||Mon, Wed||17:00 - 20:00||Online|
|Nov 21||Mon||17:00 - 20:00||Annacis Island AIC|
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
- Important course information will be sent to you prior to your course start date. Check your myBCIT email account to access this information.
This is a blended course consisting of online lectures and in-class exam. In-class exam is held at Annacis Island Campus on Nov 21. 2. Minimum of six years' experience in the trade. 3.Required textbooks may be purchased at BCIT Burnaby Campus Bookstore. 4.No class on Oct 10.
Upon successful completion, the student will be:
- Prepared to write the Certification of Qualification with Red Seal Endorsement (IP) examination;
- Able to perform practical tasks with a better understanding of component operation; and
- Able to write trade exams of various formats.
Effective as of Fall 2003
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Heavy Duty Mechanic CQ Refresher (HDMX 0100)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.