- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
In this course, you will look out how planning a strategy for design work helps build a strong and effective ad. You will learn the stages of design production, copywriting and how to design for print, out of home and interactive ads. While using Adobe InDesign, an industry-standard software, you will develop your own marketing materials and start building a portfolio. The course is ideal for aspiring graphic designers and 'ad creatives' as well as marketers who want to better manage their creative resources.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
Below is one offering of MKTG 3418 for the Fall 2023 term.
Mon Sep 11 - Sat Dec 02 (12 weeks)
- 12 weeks
- CRN 43306
Class meeting times
|Sep 11 - Dec 02||N/A||N/A||Online|
- Internet delivery format.
- Important course information will be sent to you prior to your course start date. Check your myBCIT email account to access this information.
Please note that the lecture component for this course is asynchronous, not requiring you to meet each and every week at a specific time, however, there will be specific timelines for assignments and exams. It is important you have a stable and consistent internet connection to access course content. Course content, type and quality of assignments, and general standards for this online course are the same as classroom courses. To be successful in this online course, plan to spend 7-10 hours per week on your studies, starting Week 1. Important course information will be sent to your myBCIT account prior to your course start date. To be successful in this course, students must have access to InDesign, version 4 or later. Basic understanding of computer functions is very important for this course; how to download and save files properly, how to navigate between a browser, desktop and running applications, as well as work quickly and efficiently. Though no prior experience with InDesign is necessary, students will experience more benefits of the course and its material if they are fairly comfortable using a computer.
This course offering is in progress. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive email updates.
Upon successful completion of this course you should be able to:
- Analyze and critique the creative strategies employed by advertisers in a wide variety of advertising and communication materials, such as print, Out-of-Home and web ads.
- Develop creative strategies and produce advertising materials that effectively employ and communicate these.
- Describe the fundamentals of creative production, which include copywriting, layout and design, Adobe InDesign, computer graphics, art design techniques, and printing requirements.
Effective as of Winter 2016
Advertising Design Production (MKTG 3418) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Business + Media
- Business Administration (Marketing Option)
- Marketing Management (Marketing Communications Option)
- Media Techniques and Marketing Communications
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Advertising Design Production (MKTG 3418)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.