Describes concepts and clarification of fine points of k-space. Controlled parameters and how change affects image quality. MRI artifacts in respect to patient and technology. Mechanisms to minimize or eliminate recognized artifacts. Quality assurance phantoms and tests used to evaluate image characteristics for an effective QC program.
- 65% in MIMG 7200
Below is one offering of MIMG 7202 for the Spring/Summer 2023 term.
Mon Apr 03 - Fri Jun 23 (12 weeks)
- 12 weeks
- CRN 25889
Class meeting times
|Apr 03 - Jun 23||N/A||N/A||Distance|
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
- Guided learning format.
- Departmental approval needed
- Important course information will be sent to you prior to your course start date. Check your myBCIT email account to access this information.
This is an online course. Access is through learn.bcit.ca or my.bcit.ca. Department approval required to register. Students must contact the BCIT Bookstore to purchase the associated print-based course materials.
On completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe each of the following imaging techniques used in MRI:
- Conventional spin echo
- Fast spin echo
- Inversion recovery
- Gradient echo
- Echo planar imaging.
- Compare and contrast the imaging techniques listed above.
- Evaluate the various uses of imaging parameters and their affect on image quality.
- Describe the properties of k-space and explain the various ways of filling k-space.
- Summarize advanced scanning features and their functions.
- Describe the appearance, cause and possible correction of MR artifacts.
- Evaluate MRI artifacts arising from the patient, MR equipment as well as signal processing artifacts.
- Identify the quality assurance phantoms and describe what specific MR image characteristics can be evaluated.
Effective as of Fall 2003
Advanced Concepts in MRI Imaging (MIMG 7202) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Health Sciences
- Bachelor of Health Science (Magnetic Resonance Imaging Option)
Bachelor of Health Science Part-time
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging
Advanced Certificate Part-time
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Advanced Concepts in MRI Imaging (MIMG 7202)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.