MRI Clinical Experience provides students the opportunity to integrate theoretical knowledge and concepts with clinical practice. Students in this 4 month clinical experience will be provided the opportunity through hands on experience to develop skills in performing a variety of MRI studies. Safe care of the patient and self are key elements of this course. At the successful completion of this course, students will have achieved the competencies necessary for entry level practice as an MRI technologist.
- Successful completion of all didactic MRI courses.
Below is one offering of MIMG 8200 for the Fall 2023 term.
Fri Sep 01 - Fri Dec 15 (16 weeks)
- 16 weeks
- CRN 42478
Class meeting times
|Sep 01 - Dec 15||N/A||N/A||Other|
- Clinical lab format.
- Departmental approval needed
- Important course information will be sent to you prior to your course start date. Check your myBCIT email account to access this information.
Upon registration, expect to receive a confirmation e-mail entitled “MIMG 8200 - Fall Term - Course Information from BCIT”. Ensure you have an active e-mail address on file with BCIT so you don't miss receiving this important e-mail. MRI Clinical Experience course - program approval required to register. Contact program assistant for approval. Students should not need to contact the BCIT Bookstore to order any print materials. Students should already have the required texts from their theory courses to use as reference material.
This course offering is in progress. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive email updates.
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate patient and staff safety procedures for all MRI examinations.
- Prepare and position patients for selected MRI examinations as defined in the log book of clinical MRI examinations and demonstrate a high standard of care during the conduct of the examination.
- Competently operate the MRI scanner and its peripheral equipment.
- Competently operate image processing and recording equipment.
- Manipulate images and transfer data from one computer to another.
- Perform selected MRI Quality Control Tests.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude to both patients and MRI personnel at the clinical facility.
Effective as of Winter 2015
MRI Clinical Experience (MIMG 8200) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Health Sciences
- Bachelor of Health Science (Magnetic Resonance Imaging Option)
Bachelor of Health Science Part-time
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging
Advanced Certificate Part-time
Interested in being notified about future offerings of MRI Clinical Experience (MIMG 8200)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.