Spring 2023 Convocation will take place June 20, 22, and 23 at 4812 Willingdon Avenue, Burnaby, BC.
Before the ceremony
- Arrive at least 90 minutes prior to your ceremony start time. This is very important to ensure you have enough time to get ready. Learn where you should park.
- When you arrive at the venue, follow the signs downstairs to the student gowning room to check your coat and pick up your gown. Gown rentals will also be available onsite for $50.00 (cash, credit, and debit accepted) for those who did not order online.
- Ensure you bring photo ID to your ceremony to pick up your credential.
During the ceremony
- After you are gowned, you will proceed upstairs to check-in where you will be placed in the order in which you will cross the stage.
- Upon entering the auditorium you will be guided to your seat.
- When the conferring of degrees begins, successive rows of candidates will be directed to rise. You will follow your fellow students to the main foyer where you will be re-checked by your procession order.
- When it’s your turn to cross the stage your name will be called. You will walk across the stage, then exit backstage to get a portrait photo taken with our official Convocation Photographer Artona.
- Upon receiving your photo you will be guided back to your seat by a staff member.
- Towards the end of the ceremony, you will be asked to change your tassel over, signifying graduation.
- After the ceremony please remain in your seat until a staff member directs the formation of the procession to leave the auditorium.
After the ceremony
- Return your gown – You will be lead back to the gowning room after the ceremony to return your gown.
- Pick up any coat check items – You must do this within 30 minutes after the ceremony.
- Get more photos taken at the Artona pop up studio