Once in your program and along the way toward graduation, take advantage of the Student Services and supports BCIT offers.
Use these to maximize your opportunities for success including:
Fun, Health, Relaxation, Wellness, Career, Safety, Support.
For more information on:
- Scheduling and registering for apprentice programs at BCIT
- General questions about apprenticeship
Check out our website or drop by SW1 – First Floor.
Just like a walk-in clinic, BCIT Medical Services is staffed during daytime hours 5 days a week, Monday to Friday, by physicians and nurses. Patients who wish to see a doctor must have valid medical coverage. Emergencies are always seen.
Located on Burnaby campus, BCIT Medical Services operates as a regular doctor’s office, and also provides the following additional services:
- Ice bags, Tensors, and Bandages
- Crutches and Canes
- Immunizations and Allergy shots
- Selected Free Medications
- Birth Control/ Pregnancy Counselling/ Pap Tests
Also available are physiotherapy and referrals to specialists including an on campus psychiatrist.
Recreation Services offers:
- Fit Pit Fitness Centre
- Racquet Courts
- Steam Room & Locker Room
- Drop-in Gym
- Instructional Courses
All in the Student Activity Centre (SE16) on BCIT Burnaby campus. Fitness facilities are available at some satellite campuses – check with your instructor.
BCIT is committed to providing assistance to all students with permanent or temporary disabilities.
Examples of assistance may include:
- Exam and program accommodations
- Note-taking, scribes, readers
- Alternate format textbooks
- Interpreting and captioning
- Adaptive technology
- Funding and grant information
- Learning strategies support
- Peer tutoring
BCIT’s Accessibility Services is focused on empowering you to overcome the limits and barriers that you may encounter, visible and invisible, permanent or temporary.
Post-secondary life can be a challenging experience for almost everyone, at least some of the time.
If you want to:
- Sharpen your academic skills or focus
- Have someone to talk to who will really listen to you, or
- Maybe you’re feeling uncertain, overwhelmed, down, stressed out, or whatever…
Check out our web resources for personal, career, and student success at BCIT Counselling & Student Development or contact us to make an appointment with a counsellor at Burnaby campus.
Check out all the resources the library has to offer from books & articles to library tutorials, Learning Commons, and more!
Did you know you can borrow audio visual (AV) equipment such as digital cameras and camcorders, projectors, and even laptop computers for class-related projects, at no cost?
Audio Visual Services is available on most BCIT campuses and includes assistance with:
- Equipment Setup
- Troubleshooting Equipment Issues
- Service & maintenance of institute AV equipment
- and More!
Go to Audio Visual Services for more information.
Also, check out Media Works where you can:
- Create PowerPoint presentations with video & graphics
- Duplicate, shoot, and edit digital video
- Scan slides, photos, and artwork
- Laminate posters
- And More!
Everyone at BCIT has a responsibility to ensure an environment free of harassment and discrimination.
BCIT’s Campus Mediation Services provides information about and support for resolving issues dealing with harassment and discrimination between any members of the BCIT community.
Contact Campus Mediation Services (the Harassment & Discrimination office) for more information.
Located in SW1-1521, Indigenous Services works closely with BCIT staff, students, and communities to enhance Indigenous learners’ participation and success rate in post-secondary training.
Our services include:
- Assistance with sponsoring agencies
- Indigenous entrance awards
- Referrals and advocacy with BCIT departments
- Sweat lodge and cultural ceremonies
- Community referrals
- Tutoring referrals
- Student lounge
Drop by for more information or to introduce yourself.