Official Transcript Request
An official transcript is a legal document that includes all academic history at BCIT and carries authorized signatures. Transcripts are confidential and can only be released by request from a student.
Before submitting a transcript request
- Attended BCIT prior to 1994:
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and birth date for further instructions before submitting your transcript request.
- Attended BCIT in or after 1994:
Please go to my.bcit.ca to:
- Update your personal information. If your name has been legally changed, you will need to submit name change documentation.
- Check unofficial transcript to ensure grades for any recently completed courses have been recorded and awarded status is current.
Ordering online at my.bcit.ca is the easiest and most efficient way to request an official transcript. Requests can also be submitted in person, or by mail and fax. To ensure security and privacy, transcript requests will not be accepted over the phone.
||In Person / Fax / Mail|
|The easiest and most efficient way to request an official transcript:
||Submit a completed Request for Official Transcript form [PDF] to Student Information and Enrolment Services:
Downtown Campus (DTC)
Aerospace and Technology Campus (ATC)
Processing, delivery and cost
We offer regular and rush processing for transcript orders. Please note that delivery by mail or to another campus will take additional time.
|Processing Time||Delivery Method||Added Delivery Time||Cost|
5 business days
|Pick up at the Burnaby Campus||None||$6 per copy|
|Pick up at the Aerospace Technology Campus||5 business days||$6 per copy|
|Pick up at the Downtown Campus||5 business days||$6 per copy|
|Mail by regular Canada Post||5 business days (estimate)||$6 per copy|
1 business day
|Pick up at the Burnaby Campus||None||$26 per copy|
|Fax* - Canada||None||$26 per copy|
|Fax* - International||None||$31 per copy|
|Mail by regular Canada Post||5 business days (estimate)||$26 per copy|
*Faxed transcripts cannot be requested online and must be addressed to a recipient. The official copy will follow by mail.
|Online||VISA, MasterCard or AMEX
|In person||VISA, MasterCard or AMEX
Cheque, bank draft or money order (Payee: BCIT)
Debit card or cash
|Cheque, bank draft or money order (Payee: BCIT)|
|Fax||VISA, MasterCard or AMEX|
- Personal contact and academic information is used for the purpose of determining any financial obligations, reviewing program requirements and completion status and other purposes related to student academic records keeping.
- Transcripts will be held until all financial obligations to BCIT have been met.
- Unclaimed pick-up transcripts will be mailed to students 60 days after the date of issue.
- Official photo ID matching the name on a transcript is required at the time of pick-up. Proof of name change is required where applicable. A third party may pick up transcript in person on the student’s behalf. They must present their photo ID and a signed authorization note from the student. The note must include student ID number and student signature.
- Once the transcript request has been processed, a notification will be sent to your online mybcit email account at my.bcit.ca
For inquiries regarding transcript requests, please email email@example.com