This course explores the concepts, tools, and techniques for the collection, analysis, optimization, and visualization of marketing campaign and user data. Students will learn to organize, interpret, and analyze various data sets from multiple campaign channels, including websites, e-commerce, social media, video, and apps, to create reports, dashboards, and data visualizations. In addition, students will be introduced to key areas of customer analytics: descriptive analytics, predictive analytics, and prescriptive analytics. The goal is to provide future marketers with the data skills to generate and communicate customer insights, aid in campaign decision-making, and support data-driven marketing strategies.
- Completion of all third-level MKTG courses
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Define fundamental marketing and user data terminology and concepts
- Describe and identify various platforms, tools, and techniques for collecting and analyzing marketing and user data across marketing channels (websites, social media, video, mobile, et cetera)
- Develop key performance indicators (KPIs) that are aligned with mission and organizational, marketing, and campaign objectives
- Develop proficiency with Google Tag Manager
- Apply attribution models to determine the return on marketing from each user touchpoint
- Create marketing and campaign dashboards and reports to communicate KPIs
- Evaluate data and identify insights to make data-driven marketing decisions and assessments
- Test and optimize marketing activities to improve the user experience and to reach campaign, marketing, and organizational objectives
- Explain the importance of using visual communication and storytelling to communicate data
- Use predictive and prescriptive modelling to develop customer insights across the entire customer journey and customer lifecycle
- Describe how artificial intelligence using machine learning and deep learning can be applied to marketing data
- Discuss current issues, ethics, and privacy considerations in marketing analytics
Effective as of Winter 2022
User Behaviour and Campaign Analytics (MKTG 4580) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Business + Media
- Marketing Management (Digital Marketing and Brand Strategy Option)
Interested in being notified about future offerings of User Behaviour and Campaign Analytics (MKTG 4580)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.