This course provides candidates with the knowledge to understand trends in new and emerging information technologies and identifies strategies for managing the introduction of these technologies in today’s organizations. This course covers advances in data management, data communications, electronic commerce, social media and other computer / communications technologies, all examined from a strong business applications and management perspective.
- 50% in TMGT 7123
Below is one offering of TMGT 7154 for the Fall 2022 term.
Thu Sep 15 - Thu Dec 01 (12 weeks)
- 12 weeks
- CRN 32783
Class meeting times
- Internet delivery format.
- Important course information will be sent to you prior to your course start date. Check your myBCIT email account to access this information.
This course has mandatory virtual classroom sessions on Thursdays, 1830-2215 (PST). This course forms part of the Bachelor of Technology in TECHNOLOGY MANAGEMENT degree program. Instructions for required course readings (including purchasing instructions if applicable) will be released at the discretion of your instructor on The Learning Hub. Be sure to log in to The Learning Hub in advance of your first session so you know how to attend. You may proceed to register for this course online, or by contacting Student Information and Enrollment Services (SIES) at 604-434-1610 or 1-866-434-1610 Toll-Free (Canada and US only).
This course offering is in progress. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive email updates.
Upon successful completion, the candidate will be able to:
- Make and influence decisions on the use of new and emerging information technologies through analysis of requirements, identification of solutions and formation of actionable business cases.
- Develop effective ongoing processes for monitoring emerging technologies.
- Select a strategy to manage key technologies, and initiate risk assessments to design risk mitigation and management strategies.
- Evaluate, select and integrate new technologies into an existing technology framework.
- Generate planning processes to identify business opportunities for the effective use of new technologies.
- Manage the integration of legacy and newly introduced technologies through analysis of practical examples and case studies.
Effective as of Fall 2011
Trends in New and Emerging Information Technologies (TMGT 7154) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Construction and the Environment
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Trends in New and Emerging Information Technologies (TMGT 7154)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.