This course deals with a practical, hands-on approach to problem-solving and decision-making using an analytical, process-oriented approach. Different tools and techniques are used to better maximize the problem-solving and decision-making skills of the candidate. Opportunity is provided, by means of examples, for practice in creative thinking and problem-solving skills.
Below is one offering of TMGT 7143 for the Spring/Summer 2022 term.
Thu Jun 02 - Thu Jun 30 (5 weeks)
- 5 weeks
- CRN 61004
Class meeting times
|Jun 02 - Jun 30||Thu||18:30 - 21:30||Burnaby SE06 Rm. 202|
- Important course information will be sent to you prior to your course start date. Check your myBCIT email account to access this information.
This course has mandatory in-person classroom sessions. This course forms part of the Bachelor of Technology in TECHNOLOGY MANAGEMENT degree program. Instructions for required course readings (including purchasing instructions if applicable) will be released at the discretion of your instructor on The Learning Hub. You may proceed to register for this course online, or by contacting Student Information and Enrollment Services (SIES) at 604-434-1610 or 1-866-434-1610 Toll-Free (Canada and US only).
Upon successful completion, the candidate will be able to:
- define problem solving.
- define the steps necessary to solving the problem.
- describe and use the various tools and techniques that can be used to solve problems.
- demonstrate the problem solving process using the above tools and techniques in a present-day real-life situation.
- outline the steps necessary for effective decision making.
- demonstrate the decision-making process using a present-day real-life situation.
Effective as of Spring/Summer 2004
Problem Solving and Decision-Making (TMGT 7143) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Construction and the Environment
- Construction Management
Bachelor of Technology Full-time/Part-time
- Geographic Information Systems
Advanced Diploma Part-time/Distance & Online Learning
School of Energy
Bachelor of Technology Part-time
School of Transportation
- Technology Management
Bachelor of Technology Part-time/Distance & Online Learning
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Problem Solving and Decision-Making (TMGT 7143)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.