Formerly Distribution 1. This course provides an overview of Canadian transportation modes (water, rail, road, air and pipelines), intermediate transportation agencies (including small transport and transportation brokering), domestic and international intermodal movements and warehousing and materials handling (including the use of unitization devices). Course fee includes the CITT exam.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
Below is one offering of TDMT 1150 for the Winter 2023 term.
Wed Jan 11 - Wed Mar 29 (12 weeks)
- 12 weeks
- CRN 88629
Class meeting times
|Jan 11 - Mar 29||Wed||18:30 - 21:30||Burnaby|
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
This course offering has been cancelled. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive email updates.
Upon successful completion, the student will be able to:
- Select a carrier based on the characteristics of the modes of transport (air, road, rail, water, pipeline).
- Apply the rate or insurance calculations associated with each mode of transport.
- Select an intermediate transportation agency in Canada based on their role in the movement of goods.
- Select the appropriate type of intermodal movements for sea, land and air shipments.
- Select the location and type of warehouse required for a given situation.
- Identify; analyze and solve basic materials and handling problems.
- Select the appropriate type of pallet or container based on the characteristics of each type.
Effective as of Fall 2005
Transportation Systems (CITT) (TDMT 1150) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Business + Media
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Transportation Systems (CITT) (TDMT 1150)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.