This course gives candidates tools to identify, assess, and select technology, in the context of a technology roadmap, that will provide tangible benefits in addressing specific organizational issues as well as to account for social and environmental concerns. This course will provide support to candidates where technology assessment processes are an appropriate part of the Graduation Project.
- Departmental approval required
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to
- Define in what ways technology can make a significant contribution to the organization.
- Assess and prove the economic value of technology by providing benefit/cost, ROI and other Technology Management program metrics to provide a convincing business case.
- Substantiate, with evidence, that a project is socially and environmentally acceptable.
- Develop a process of technology assessment that can be adapted for use in different organizations.
- Identify and demonstrate opportunities where technology can be used to enable organizational change.
- Select and apply leadership and project management skills appropriate to ensure success and actionable results in a technology assessment.
- Construct a technology roadmap for the organization.
- Perform a technology assessment, where appropriate, within the candidate’s technology management graduation project.
Effective as of Spring/Summer 2016
Technology Assessment (TMGT 8103) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Construction and the Environment
- Geographic Information Systems
Advanced Diploma Part-time
School of Transportation
- Technology Management
Bachelor of Technology Part-time
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Technology Assessment (TMGT 8103)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.