This course deals with the major issues, institutions and instruments of international finance affecting technology transfer and the exchange of goods and services under contract. Course content addresses principal elements that include, but may not be limited to: instruments, institutions, legislative/regulatory frameworks and international finance variables.
Below is one offering of TMGT 7124 for the Spring/Summer 2022 term.
Mon May 30 - Mon Jun 27 (5 weeks)
- 5 weeks
- CRN 66591
Class meeting times
|May 30 - Jun 27||Mon||18:30 - 21:30||Burnaby SE06 Rm. 206|
- Important course information will be sent to you prior to your course start date. Check your myBCIT email account to access this information.
This course has mandatory in-person classroom sessions. Instructions for required course readings will be released at the discretion of your instructor on The Learning Hub. This course forms part of the Bachelor of Technology in TECHNOLOGY MANAGEMENT degree program. Be sure to log in to The Learning Hub prior to your first class. You may proceed to register for this course online, or by contacting Student Information and Enrollment Services (SIES) at 604-434-1610 or 1-866-434-1610 Toll-Free (Canada and US only).
Upon successful completion, the candidate will be able to:
- conduct a basic financial risk assessment of a proposed international commercial transaction.
- identify some alternative financial instruments to secure price and payment terms.
- identify and select organizations to approach for advice, assistance or support.
- describe how variables such as interest and exchange rates may affect profitability.
- improve margins by accounting for direct and hidden transaction costs.
- invoke international financial 'standards' to secure competitive advantage.
- outline how host country laws may impact financing, payment and profitability of contracts.
- improve preparation of business proposals and negotiate better international agreements.
Effective as of Spring/Summer 2004
Technology and International Finance (TMGT 7124) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Construction and the Environment
- Construction Management
Bachelor of Technology Full-time/Part-time
School of Energy
Bachelor of Technology Part-time
School of Transportation
- Technology Management
Bachelor of Technology Part-time/Distance & Online Learning
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Technology and International Finance (TMGT 7124)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.