- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
The purpose of this course is to prepare students to give reliable advice to individual and corporate clients on tax compliance and tax planning issues. To be able to do this, the student must learn the basic tax rules that govern personal and business transactions, and how to do research in the Income Tax Act and other authoritative sources in order to verify the accuracy of their advice. The topics covered will expose the student to these basic rules, as they apply to individuals, corporations, and trusts, and will train the student to find and interpret these rules in the Income Tax Act and other authoritative sources. The coverage of topics will be aimed to achieve competence at a level that will enable students to demonstrate knowledge, analyze problems, and draw logical conclusions in routine situations that have low to moderate complexity. This course qualifies as a prerequisite for entrance into the Chartered Professional Accountants (CPA) Professional Education Program (PEP).
Below is one offering of ACCG 6410 for the Fall 2023 term.
Tue Sep 05 - Tue Dec 12 (15 weeks)
- 15 weeks
- CRN 48321
Class meeting times
|Sep 05 - Dec 12||Tue||18:00 - 22:00||Burnaby SE06 Rm. 102|
Classes will be held in-person with select classes being held in a online (Zoom) format. The instructor will inform students of the online class dates.
This course offering is in progress. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive email updates.
Upon successful completion, the student will be able to:
- Research and interpret applicable tax rules in the Income Tax Act and other authoritative sources.
- Identify tax compliance issues and recommend appropriate courses of action
- Outline appropriate tax treatment for employment, business, property and other income as well as capital gains and losses
- Recommend tax planning strategies appropriate to individual and corporate taxpayers
- Calculate individual and corporate net income for tax purposes, taxable income, and taxes payable.
- Assess GST/HST compliance for both individuals and corporations
Effective as of Winter 2017
Taxation (ACCG 6410) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Business + Media
- Professional Accounting
Advanced Diploma Full-time/Part-time
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Taxation (ACCG 6410)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.