Examines the full breadth of sports marketing and sponsorship, its use in the marketing plans of corporations and its function inside amateur and professional sport. This project based course will appeal to sports administrators and event organizers as well as promotion, community relations and marketing personnel who address sports marketing in their occupation.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
Below is one offering of MKTG 1119 for the Winter 2023 term.
Wed Jan 04 - Wed Mar 22 (12 weeks)
- 12 weeks
- CRN 88596
Class meeting times
|Jan 04 - Mar 22||Wed||17:30 - 20:30||Downtown DTC|
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
- Important course information will be sent to you prior to your course start date. Check your myBCIT email account to access this information.
Students are permitted to register up until the first week without approval. To be successful in this course, plan to spend 7-10 hours per week on your studies, or more for a condensed course, starting Week 1. Important course information will be sent to your myBCIT account prior to your course start date.
This course offering has been cancelled. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive email updates.
Upon successful completion, the student will be able to:
- Explain sport marketing, its industry and participants, and the unique socio-economic culture it operates in.
- Identify the challenges that face professional sports franchises in general and Canadian Franchises in particular.
- Identify the different sources of revenue and expenses in the world of professional sports.
- Describe the elements that go into a successful sports sponsorship program.
- Identify how sponsorship effects major international events.
- Explain the history of the NBA in Canada.
Effective as of Fall 2003
Sports Marketing (MKTG 1119) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Business + Media
- Marketing Management - Event Marketing
Associate Certificate Part-time
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Sports Marketing (MKTG 1119)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.