- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
This course is for healthcare professionals who are seeking advanced learning in the area of Prostate Cancer and Sexual Health Rehabilitation with an informed overview of the factors associated with this medical condition through systematic inquiry. It will provide the healthcare professional with the necessary foundational knowledge required to build competencies in Prostate Cancer and Sexual Health Rehabilitation. The overall objective is to make the healthcare professional feel more comfortable in recognizing and acknowledging the sexual concerns of their patients diagnosed with prostate cancer. The course is comprised of an overview of prostate cancer and sexual rehabilitation inclusive of biology (anatomy, physiology), psychosocial aspects, sexual consequences, and sexual adaptation.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
As a healthcare practitioner, you are expected to follow professional standards of practice throughout all SN programs and courses. In this course, you will have opportunities to use the processes of critical thinking, systematic inquiry, communication, collaboration, leadership, professionalism, and clinical decision-making. Upon successful completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Explain the principles of sexual health rehabilitation associated with prostate cancer.
- Identify and evaluate key resources for sexual health rehabilitation in British Columbia.
- Reproduce and label the anatomy and physiology of the prostate.
- Explain the diagnosis, staging and grading of prostate cancer.
- Explain the impact of a prostate cancer diagnosis on the psychosocial and psychosexual aspects of patients and their partners.
- Discuss the concept of survivorship in prostate cancer care.
- Help individuals and couples during the recovery process towards successful sexual adaptation.
- Follow guidelines for taking a patients sexual history.
- Develop a sexual health rehabilitation Action Plan (SHRAP) for patients that integrates sexual health history.
Effective as of Spring/Summer 2023
Sexual Health Rehabilitation - Prostate Cancer (NSPN 7750) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Health Sciences
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Sexual Health Rehabilitation - Prostate Cancer (NSPN 7750)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.