Crystal Reports by SAP is a low-code reporting solution used to create reports and dashboards from a wide variety of data sources, with minimal coding for Business Intelligence (BI). Students who know how to use a Windows PC and MS Office are introduced to planning and developing business intelligence reports. COMP 2252 participants will create dynamic reports and dashboards. Labs and exercises apply best practices in: report design, how to extract and manipulate data, and display information in custom formats from many sources. COMP 2252 is an elective in Applied Computer Applications (ACA); Applied Computer Information Systems (ACIS); Applied Database Administration and Design (ADAD) Associate Certificates, as well as the Applied Data Analytics Certificate (ADAC) and the Computer Systems Technology (CST/PTS) Diploma. Please note: This course will be offered in the January (Winter) and September (Fall) terms. By the end of this course, successful students will be able to use Crystal Reports to display and analyze data visually for BI and to make actionable decisions.
Below is one offering of COMP 2252 for the Fall 2022 term.
Mon Sep 12 - Mon Dec 05 (12 weeks)
- 12 weeks
- CRN 39877
Class meeting times
|Sep 12 - Dec 05||Mon||18:30 - 21:30||Online|
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
- Internet delivery format.
- Important course information will be sent to you prior to your course start date. Check your myBCIT email account to access this information.
Course is 36 hours synchronous online classes. Crystal Reports v2020 will be used in this course. Late registration is not permitted. No class on October 10 (Thanksgiving).
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Attach SAP Crystal Reports to a data source.
- Design effective reports.
- Select, group, sort and organise records and fields on a report.
- Format a report for data visualization with charts, maps, and dashboard.
- Create formulas with low-code.
- Apply conditional formatting using functions and operators.
- Define and create both static and dynamic parameters for interactive record selections.
- Design reports with parameters for record selection, grouping, and sorting.
- Build and format cross-tab (pivot reports) including calculated members and embedded summaries.
- Use the Running Total Expert.
- Create a form letter with mail merge and labels connected directly to a data source.
- Build a report with alerts and trigger for data driven decisions.
- Develop Top N reporting for strategic analysis.
Effective as of Fall 2022
SAP Crystal Reports (COMP 2252) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Computing and Academic Studies
If you have a question or comment about this course, please complete and submit the form below.
Interested in being notified about future offerings of SAP Crystal Reports (COMP 2252)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.