Learn quality assurance processes and methods in the areas of marketing, engineering and manufacturing. Includes role of quality in understanding and translating marketing requirements into design requirements; the various stages of design and development; supplier selection, evaluation and monitoring performance; training personnel and conducting internal and supplier audits; measuring cost of quality in the organization; continuous improvement activities to minimize COQ and maximize productivity; implementation of Six Sigma methodologies in manufacturing operations; and human resources practices within the organization with focus on training and motivation.
- 50% in OPMT 1106
Below is one offering of OPMT 2206 for the Winter 2023 term.
Upon successful completion, the student will be able to:
- Use basic Quality terms, definitions and terminology
- Explain the difference between products and services
- Define the role of Quality in Marketing
- Understand and implement processes to verify legal and customer requirements are reviewed and incorporated in design specification and product characteristics
- Define the role of Quality in Product Development
- Describe the phases of product development activities
- Use Quality Loss Function and experimental design principles to assure a robust design
- Describe the Quality Management theories
- Define the role of Quality in Selection and Evaluation of Suppliers
- Develop Supplier Performance Criteria and processes to monitor them
- Develop Metrics to measure performance of manufacturing operations
- Explain the major factors that impact quality cost
- Discuss the principles of product, process and quality management system auditing
- Understand the product reliability requirements and principles
- Explain the product life cycle characteristics and the factors influencing its reliability and maintainability
- Estimate/calculate component/assembly reliability and mean time between failures
- Explain how needs and motivation impacts quality
- Describe Leadership theories
Effective as of Fall 2016
Quality Assurance 2 (Manufacturing) (OPMT 2206) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Business + Media
- Operations Management (Industrial Engineering Option)
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Quality Assurance 2 (Manufacturing) (OPMT 2206)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.