This class focusses on creating a digital portfolio to showcase your work. Your designs should highlight your creative abilities, concepts and ideas that you have developed, and your personality. You will design and create a series of tightly-defined webpage layouts, phone app mockups, landing pages, icons, info-graphics, and digital print layouts for presentation to prospective employers. The instructor will provide input and guidance for the portfolio content as well as the proper methodologies and techniques on how to achieve effective results. Your portfolio is your gateway to reaching out to potential employers. This course is required to be the last course in the Graphic Design Associate Certificate.
Below is one offering of MDIA 2310 for the Spring/Summer 2023 term.
Thu Apr 06 - Thu Jun 22 (12 weeks)
- 12 weeks
- CRN 64797
Class meeting times
|Apr 06 - Jun 22||Thu||18:00 - 21:00||Online|
- Internet delivery format.
- Important course information will be sent to you prior to your course start date. Check your myBCIT email account to access this information.
Please note the following pre-requisite courses to be completed before registering: MDIA 1040; MDIA 1049; MDIA 1105; MDIA 1140; MDIA 1180; MDIA 2012; MDIA 2049 & MDIA 2180 This is not a self-paced course. You will be expected to be available and online on the posted days and times shown on your registration schedule. It is important you have a stable and consistent internet connection to access course content. Please log into learn.bcit.ca using your BCIT student email and password on the first day of class. You will require access to the Adobe Creative Cloud in order to complete this course. Students who are currently registered in one or more part-time courses can purchase a subscription for Adobe Creative Cloud Pro at a discount through BCIT’s new software portal kb.bcit.ca/student/adobe-creative-cloud-subscription-part-time-student-3130
This course offering is in progress. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive email updates.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Design and create digital projects that portray your own creativity, concepts, ideas, sketches, and personality.
- Design and create webpage layouts, phone app mockups, and landing pages.
- Create a series of digital advertisements with common elements and branding.
- Create a master template for presenting portfolio work.
- Design and produce a series of branding products.
- Create and format marketing materials.
- Create user interface elements such as icons, buttons, logos, forms, and infographics.
- Design phone app wireframes and mockups based on current technology trends.
- Conceptualize and design digital marketing items including interactive e-newsletters.
- Create a professional resumé and cover letter using creative cloud software tools.
- Provide constructive, growth-producing feedback to your fellow colleagues.
- Prepare a professional online, evolving, and current portfolio.
- Present your portfolio to an industry panel.
Effective as of Fall 2016
Portfolio Design (MDIA 2310) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Business + Media
- Media Techniques and Marketing Communications
- Media Techniques for Business
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Portfolio Design (MDIA 2310)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.