- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
This class focusses on creating a digital portfolio to showcase your work. Your designs should highlight your creative abilities, concepts and ideas that you have developed, and your personality. You will design and create a series of tightly-defined webpage layouts, phone app mockups, landing pages, icons, info-graphics, and digital print layouts for presentation to prospective employers. The instructor will provide input and guidance for the portfolio content as well as the proper methodologies and techniques on how to achieve effective results. Your portfolio is your gateway to reaching out to potential employers. This course is required to be the last course in the Graphic Design Associate Certificate.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Design and create digital projects that portray your own creativity, concepts, ideas, sketches, and personality.
- Design and create webpage layouts, phone app mockups, and landing pages.
- Create a series of digital advertisements with common elements and branding.
- Create a master template for presenting portfolio work.
- Design and produce a series of branding products.
- Create and format marketing materials.
- Create user interface elements such as icons, buttons, logos, forms, and infographics.
- Design phone app wireframes and mockups based on current technology trends.
- Conceptualize and design digital marketing items including interactive e-newsletters.
- Create a professional resumé and cover letter using creative cloud software tools.
- Provide constructive, growth-producing feedback to your fellow colleagues.
- Prepare a professional online, evolving, and current portfolio.
- Present your portfolio to an industry panel.
Effective as of Fall 2016
Portfolio Design (MDIA 2310) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Business + Media
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Portfolio Design (MDIA 2310)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.