CPIM 8.0 combines key concepts from the field of operations management. It details eight domains of operations management. These include:  Align the Supply Chain to support the Business Strategy,  Conduct Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) to Support Strategy,  Plan and Manage Demand,  Plan and Manage Supply,  Plan, Manage, and Execute Detailed Schedules  Plan and Manage Inventory,  Plan and Manage Distribution,  Manage Quality, Continuous Improvement, and Technology. This comprehensive training course provides the student with the information and techniques to thoroughly understand the APICS body of knowledge for the Certiﬁed in Planning and Inventory Management (CPIM) exam. This course is the only single resource available that is designed specifically to help candidates pass the ASCM/APICS CPIM 8.0 exam. The APICs learning system materials provided in this course include printed handouts, knowledge progress checks, practice quizzes, practice exams and case studies.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
Below is one offering of ASCM 2000 for the Fall 2023 term.
Wed Sep 06 - Wed Dec 13 (15 weeks)
- 15 weeks
- CRN 50216
Class meeting times
|Sep 06 - Dec 13||Wed||18:30 - 21:30||Burnaby|
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
1. ADDITIONAL COSTS: In addition to the BCIT tuition, you will need to purchase the APICS CPIM 8.0 Learning System Kit ($1275), which includes books and a complete online learning portal. 2. It is recommended to purchase your materials prior to course start as it can take up to 1 week for delivery. Course materials are required as quizzes/exercises in the learning system are part of a student’s grade. Note: Student Kits (Learning System) are not transferable due to electronic licensing. These materials are available for purchase at our online store. 3. Purchase your course materials here: wc.ascm.org/catalog.php?cat=3&pid=56
This course offering has been cancelled. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive email updates.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Identify the topics covered in the ASMC/APICS CPIM 8.0 certiﬁcation exam.
- Use the ASCM/APICS CPIM online learning portal to comprehend the CPIM exam topics.
- Identify the topics covered in the ASCM/APICS CPIM 8.0 version Understand the business environment in which an organization operates, align business and functional strategies, and make decisions to support competitive advantage.
- Evaluate supply and demand at an aggregate level, reconcile product/service portfolios, demand, supply, and financial plans while considering trade-offs.
- Understand the markets in which an organization chooses to operate, and how to align an organization's resources and business strategies.
- Learn how to manage inventory in support of an organization's resource availability, business and functional strategies, and tactical planning.
- Understand how to implement both material and capacity plans, including the adjustment of schedules, queues, and work prioritization to meet demand and inventory goals.
- Learn how to design a distribution network while considering the various investment cost and service trade-offs, and competitive priorities.
- Understand the use of appropriate technology tools and emerging technologies that support supply chain processes.
Effective as of Fall 2023
Planning & Inventory Management, Certified in CPIM 8.0 (ASCM 2000) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Business + Media
- Operations Management (Materials Management Option)
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Planning & Inventory Management, Certified in CPIM 8.0 (ASCM 2000)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.