PERF 7520 builds on the skills learned during Perfusion Lab 1. Students will move toward independent bypass circuit set-up and priming the heart lung machine. Preparation for bypass surgery will be reviewed in-depth and students will be introduced to the process of initiating, maintenance and weaning off of bypass.
- S in PERF 7500
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate following the procedural safety checklist.
- Identify and resolve common problems when priming the bypass circuit.
- Demonstrate sterile technique during circuit set-up and priming.
- Practice clearly communicating during all stages of bypass surgery.
- Demonstrate the different techniques required during initiation, maintaining and weaning off of bypass surgery.
Effective as of Spring/Summer 2023
Perfusion Lab 2 (PERF 7520) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Health Sciences
- Cardiovascular Perfusion
Advanced Certificate Part-time
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Perfusion Lab 2 (PERF 7520)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.