- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
This light-hearted independent study course will cover two areas we all need to be more competent and confident in the world of computers and online learning: 1) Computer basics, and 2) Skills for online learning success. The course is designed for you to complete as a whole, or to pick and choose the areas you feel you need the most help. Self-assessments will help you identify the areas you need to focus on, and learning activities throughout the course will help you practice both your computer skills, and your learning skills as you use the computer to learn about learning using the computer to learn. Think about it! *Note: Thank you for your interest in a BCIT – Free Online Learning course. You are about to register for the course. If you are new to BCIT, you will first need to create a BCIT ID. Then, log in with your ID and password to register. Once registered, log in to learn.bcit.ca with your BCIT email address and password to access your online course. If you are new to BCIT, it may take up to 24 hours for your course access to become active. Because these are not credited courses, and you are not paying a fee, there may be student resources you come across that you are not entitled to access. This would include Student Aid and other financial assistance. Enjoy your learning and we’re happy to support your lifelong learning journey.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
Below is one offering of MOOC 0120 for the Fall 2023 term.
Start any time
- 52 weeks
- CRN 48047
- Domestic fees $0.00International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees.
Continuous Entry, Distance or Online
This is an online learning course. Start any time. You have 52 weeks from the date you register to complete this course.
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
- Internet delivery format.
- International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Identify hardware and software requirements
- Describe browsers and web sites
- Describe Learning Management Systems (LMS)
- Work with LMS tools
- Search the web effectively and efficiently
- Understand the importance of critical thinking when on the Internet
- Develop effective independent learning strategies
- Develop effective class participation strategies
- Work with interactive learning activities
Effective as of Spring/Summer 2021
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Online Learning - Computer and Study Skills for Success (MOOC 0120)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.