- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
This course promotes an increased understanding of Indigenous people and their place and space in Canada, past and present. Words like Reconciliation and Indigenization are becoming common place and are often followed by questions such as, "What do these words mean? Why do we have to do this? How come I didn't know about Residential Schools?". The course will provide you with foundational knowledge of Indigenous people in the hopes that as the true history and contemporary reality of Indigenous people is more broadly known, Reconciliation can begin. *Note: Thank you for your interest in a BCIT – Free Online Learning course. You are about to register for the course. If you are new to BCIT, you will first need to create a BCIT ID. Then, log in with your ID and password to register. Once registered, log in to learn.bcit.ca with your BCIT email address and password to access your online course. If you are new to BCIT, it may take up to 24 hours for your course access to become active. Because these are not credited courses, and you are not paying a fee, there may be student resources you come across that you are not entitled to access. This would include Student Aid and other financial assistance. Enjoy your learning and we’re happy to support your lifelong learning journey.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
Below is one offering of MOOC 0200 for the Fall 2023 term.
Start any time
- 52 weeks
- CRN 47645
- Domestic fees $0.00International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees.
Continuous Entry, Distance or Online
This is an online learning course. Start any time. You have 52 weeks from the date you register to complete this course.
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
- Internet delivery format.
- International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Explain the historical relationship between Indigenous and non-Indigenous peoples in Canada.
- Explain past and contemporary realities of Indigenous people.
- Explain current moves towards, and the importance of, Reconciliation to all Canadians.
Effective as of Fall 2020
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Indigenous Awareness (MOOC 0200)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.