The role of the sales manager in planning, directing and controlling will be the focus of this course including the selection of sales representatives as well as training, supervision, motivation and leadership.
- 50% in MKTG 1219
Below is one offering of MKTG 2220 for the Winter 2023 term.
Wed Jan 04 - Sat Mar 25 (12 weeks)
- 12 weeks
- CRN 88380
Class meeting times
|Jan 04 - Mar 25||N/A||N/A||Online|
- Internet delivery format.
- Important course information will be sent to you prior to your course start date. Check your myBCIT email account to access this information.
Students are permitted to register up until the first week without approval. Please note that the lecture component for this course is asynchronous; you are not required to meet each week at a specific time, however, there will be specific timelines for assignments and exams. It is important you have a stable and consistent internet connection to access course content. Course content, type and quality of assignments, and general standards for this online course are the same as classroom courses. To be successful in this online course, plan to spend 7-10 hours per week on your studies, or more for a condensed course, starting Week 1. Important course information will be sent to your myBCIT account prior to your course start date.
This course offering is in progress. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive email updates.
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
- Describe the critical Role of the Sales Manager in an organization.
- Explain the importance of Sales Management Leadership and Vision in today’s competitive market.
- Communicate effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Significantly enhance the effect of sales meetings in accomplishing overall objectives.
- Obtain a broad understanding of Human Resource Management Components.
- Develop a proactive recruiting, hiring and training plan which ensures the availability and development of outstanding sales personnel.
- Understand the critical importance of Strategic Sales Management.
- Significantly improve the tactical (face to face) sales efforts of the sales team by more effectively managing the planning and execution of sales calls.
- Provide effective Management of Sales Performance.
- Coach and motivate the sales force effectively.
Effective as of Fall 2021
Managing the Sales Force (MKTG 2220) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Business + Media
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Managing the Sales Force (MKTG 2220)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.