This course provides an overview of Lean/Six Sigma principles and tools that are employed in organizations to improve processes and achieve a higher level of performance. The subjects covered include the basic quality tools and other higher level tools commonly used by organizations successful in achieving performance excellence and leadership positions in the market place they are operating.
Below is one offering of OPMT 1720 for the Spring/Summer 2023 term.
Tue Apr 04 - Tue Jun 20 (12 weeks)
- 12 weeks
- CRN 62508
Class meeting times
|Apr 04 - Jun 20||Tue||18:30 - 21:30||Burnaby SE12 Rm. 309|
This course offering is in progress. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive email updates.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe the basic principles of the Lean and Six Sigma approaches to improve performance of processes in an organization.
- Demonstrate the use of Basic Quality tools for problem solving.
- Analyze problems to be able to select the right tools to be employed.
- Describe processes and metrics used to measure the performance of processes.
- Identify areas of improvement and approaches to achieve higher levels of performance.
- Describe the Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve and Control Phases of Lean/Six Sigma implementation process.
- Describe simple Lean/Six Sigma tools and how these tools are applied in improving performance.
- Learn the concepts of teamwork and problem solving using teams.
- Create reports for successful implementations of Lean/Six Sigma tools.
Effective as of Fall 2013
Lean Six Sigma Tools For Process Improvement (OPMT 1720) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Business + Media
- Lean Six Sigma Principles
Associate Certificate Part-time
- Operations Management (Management Engineering Option)
- Quality and Process Management
- Six Sigma Business Improvement
Statement of Completion Part-time
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Lean Six Sigma Tools For Process Improvement (OPMT 1720)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.