- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
The course provides the opportunity to pursue studies of the international business practices in areas of interest, which include marketing, sustainability, human resources, management, organizational behavior, intercultural management, financial management, and media. It provides an overview of management and leadership skills in the international business context through a series of projects and case studies. This course is equivalent to a 3.0 credit course at the undergraduate level. Students may apply this course to the elective requirements of their certificate or degree program. This course may be taken as part of the international summer field school, (www.bcit.ca/business/international/fieldschool.shtml) or exchange program, (www.bcit.ca/business/international/outgoing.shtml) for additional credits. In the case of exchange programs where transfer credits will be awarded, the student may take this course for additional credit as long as there are deliverables and learning outcomes in addition to those earned in the exchange program.
- Acceptance to the School of Business International Field School or exchange program and approval of the International Program Coordinator.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Understand and assess the challenges of international business environments.
- Apply relevant business skills to intercultural issues.
- Conduct and report on an independent research project.
- Create and deliver well-researched, critically analytical, and polished oral and written reports.
Effective as of Spring/Summer 2019
International Business Practices 2 (MKTG 4001) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Business + Media
- Marketing Management
- Marketing Management (Marketing Communications Option)
- Marketing Management (Professional Sales Option)
Interested in being notified about future offerings of International Business Practices 2 (MKTG 4001)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.