Full-time and part-time Bachelor of Business Administration, Bachelor of Accounting degree students and Global Business Studies certificate students are eligible to spend a semester on exchange at a partner university. Each year, there is a limited number of openings at institutes in a variety of countries. The timing and nature of course offerings also depend on the choice of institute. Students are encouraged to visit the partner institutes' websites to see which institute is best suited for their academic and personal goals.
ECTS and BCIT Exchange Credits
BCIT's European partner institutes work on a slightly different credential system called ECTS (European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System). One BCIT credit is worth approximately two ECTS credits. While on exchange, BCIT students need to complete 15.0 BCIT credits (or 30 ECTS credits) worth of classes.
Most of these classes will apply to the BBA's general education requirements, but in some cases, there will also be opportunities to complete BBA core business courses. Bachelor of Accounting students will need to work with their program department to choose the courses most appropriate to their needs.
How to Apply
BCIT BBA and Bachelor of Accounting students interested in applying for a semester at a partner institute should email us the following information by the appropriate deadline:
- A completed application form [PDF]
- A letter of intent stating why they want to participate in the exchange
- Fall Semester (September to December) - March 1
- Winter/Spring Semester (January to May) - March 1
(Please note: if you are applying to one of our partners in Austria, the application deadline is February 1)
- Summer School - February 15
Scholarships/Student AidScholarships and student aid are available for students going on semester or summer international exchanges. Links to these are provided below:
- Student Financial Aid
- BC Study Abroad Scholarships
- One World Scholarship
- EDC International Business Scholarships
- Canada - US Fullbright Program
- Ernst Mach Grant - €940 EUR per month for exchange students at an Austrian university of applied sciences. Application deadline is March 1
- Italian Bursaries for Foreign Students
- Italian Scholarships and Bursaries for Students
- German SIP Scholarships