- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
This course will prepare food plant personnel to perform internal audits to determine if the food manufacturer's food safety and quality program is being implemented such that it effectively meets required standards. The student will learn how to prepare the audit, collect audit evidence, evaluate the audit evidence to determine conformance, write the final audit report and prepare Corrective Action Requests for the management team. BCIT issues a badge once you successfully complete this course with a grade of 70%. If you also completed FoodCert010 Fundamentals of Food Science for Professionals (UBC) and FoodCert020 Food Safety Management Principles, Laws and Regulations (UBC), you will receive a Micro-certificate in Food Safety Management from UBC and BCIT.
- 70% in FOOD 1189
- OR FoodCert020 Food Safety Management System Principles, Laws and Regulations (from UBC)
Below is one offering of FOOD 2170 for the Winter 2024 term.
Tue Jan 16 - Tue Feb 13 (4 weeks)
- 4 weeks
- CRN 90775
- Domestic fees $786.24International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees.
Class meeting times
|Jan 16 - Jan 30||Tue||08:00 - 14:00||Online|
|Feb 06 - Feb 13||N/A||N/A||Online|
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
- International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Identify the audit goal and choose an audit strategy.
- Plan for an audit.
- Prepare for an audit.
- Collect audit evidence.
- Document objective evidence using a three part nonconformity statement.
- Assign risk to objective evidence.
- Categorize objectives into audit findings.
- Write final audit report.
- Prepare Corrective Action Requests.
- Complete an audit of a food manufacturing facility.
Effective as of Winter 2023
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Internal Auditor Training (FOOD 2170)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.