The focus of the course is to develop an understanding of human factors and its impact on decision making, critical thinking, task performance, accident prevention and safety management in an airport operation environment.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term through BCIT Part-time Studies. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive email updates.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Discuss the impact Human Factors have on the safe and proper use of ground equipment at airports.
- Assess work-related situations using human factors fundamentals.
- Recognize relationship of the "dirty dozen" to safety in an airport.
- Create safety nets that reduce human error and relate them to the "dirty dozen".
Effective as of Winter 2010
Human Factors in Aviation (AVAO 2222) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Transportation
- Airport Operations
Associate Certificate Part-time
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Human Factors in Aviation (AVAO 2222)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.