This hands-on course will enable candidates to become knowledgeable about the various marketing strategies employed to create a successful market image for an organization. Drawing from industry examples of well-conceived and successful marketing strategies, students will gain a framework for developing viable strategies for their respective organizations.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
Below is one offering of TMGT 7111 for the Fall 2023 term.
Tue Sep 12 - Tue Oct 10 (5 weeks)
- 5 weeks
- CRN 45906
Class meeting times
|Sep 12 - Oct 10||Tue||18:30 - 21:30||Burnaby SE12 Rm. 313|
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
- Important course information will be sent to you prior to your course start date. Check your myBCIT email account to access this information.
This course has mandatory in-person on-campus classroom sessions. This course forms part of the Bachelor of Technology in TECHNOLOGY MANAGEMENT degree program. Instructions for course readings will be released at the discretion of your instructor on The Learning Hub. You may proceed to register for this course online, or by contacting Student Information and Enrollment Services (SIES) at 604-434-1610 or 1-866-434-1610 toll-free (Canada and US only).
Upon successful completion, the candidate will be able to:
- Create a strategic image plan that aligns with corporate objectives.
- Apply brand image planning to create a lasting image in the market.
- Evaluate the relationships between customer and brands.
- Create an effective promotional strategy to communicate a brand to a target market.
- Define an integrated approach to marketing that incorporates offline and online elements including strategic consideration of social media, search engine optimization and mobile marketing.
Effective as of Winter 2013
High Technology Marketing Strategies (TMGT 7111) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Construction and the Environment
- Construction Management
Bachelor of Technology Full-time/Part-time
School of Transportation
- Technology Management
Bachelor of Technology Part-time
Interested in being notified about future offerings of High Technology Marketing Strategies (TMGT 7111)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.