- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
If you are part of developing, implementing, or verifying a HACCP Plan in a food processing plant, this course will help you develop the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Work Instructions (WI) that are critical to ensuring HACCP Programs operate effectively. Class time is primarily spent working through group exercises that lead students through the full process of developing SOPs including developing the SOP framework, writing procedures and work instructions through to implementation and maintenance of the program. The material has been developed to meet the requirements of a business management system such as ISO 9001:2008. The course is applicable internationally, and to both seafood and agri-food sectors. BCIT issues a statement of completion to each participant who successfully completes this workshop with a pass grade of 70%. Website: www.bcit.ca/study/programs/6340acert
- 70% in FOOD 1179
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate the role of SOPs and Work Instructions in a HACCP Program.
- Explain how the business model informs the SOP Program.
- Construct a SOP framework.
- Write a SOP for managing each Prerequisite Program and the HACCP Plan.
- Identify SOP/WI users and what these users need from a SOP/WI.
- Develop three different Work Instructions.
- Write procedures for developing, implementing and maintaining a SOP program.
- Write a workplan to develop, implement and maintain Prerequisite Programs in their workplace.
Effective as of Fall 2011
HACCP: Standard Operating Procedures (FOOD 2162) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Health Sciences
- Food Safety
Associate Certificate Part-time
Interested in being notified about future offerings of HACCP: Standard Operating Procedures (FOOD 2162)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.