- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
This badge discusses the prevention of malicious attacks using network and host-based firewalls and intrusion detection systems as well as other malware detection systems. Students will also learn about cryptography and the impact of cryptography on security monitoring. Systems for monitoring endpoint vulnerabilities and mitigation of endpoint attacks will also be discussed.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Explain how to prevent malicious access to computer networks, hosts, and data
- Explain cryptography and its impact on network security monitoring
- Explain how to investigate endpoint vulnerabilities and attacks
Effective as of Spring/Summer 2022
Fundamentals of Cybersecurity Network Defence (XINC 2130) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Energy
- Cybersecurity Operations
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Fundamentals of Cybersecurity Network Defence (XINC 2130)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.