- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
This badge with introducing students to a Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) system. Students will learn to a SIEM to identify attacks against an organization's network. Students will evaluate alerts and determine the level of threat facing an organization. Students will drill down into alerts to determine other relevant information about an attack including whether other hosts on the network were compromised by the attack. After examining various network attacks students will work with an incident response model to respond to and mitigate attacks.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Use network monitoring tools to identify attacks against network protocols and services
- Evaluate network security alerts
- Analyze network intrusion information to identify compromised hosts
- Apply incident response models to manage security incidents
Effective as of Spring/Summer 2022
Fundamentals of Cybersecurity Data Analysis (XINC 2140) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Energy
- Cybersecurity Operations
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Fundamentals of Cybersecurity Data Analysis (XINC 2140)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.