BHSC 1119 is a general survey of basic human structure and function. It may serve as an overview for those wishing some fundamental insights into anatomy and physiology, or as the foundation on which further study can build. The course initially establishes the basics of cells and tissues, and then goes on to survey the body’s major organ systems.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Identify classic body systems.
- Explain major structural components of each body system.
- Describe the functional capacity or functions of the human body systems.
- Relate each body system to the common goal of homeostasis.
Effective as of Fall 2011
Essentials of Anatomy and Physiology (BHSC 1119) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Health Sciences
- Cardiology Technology
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Essentials of Anatomy and Physiology (BHSC 1119)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.