BHSC 1119 is a general survey of basic human structure and function. It may serve as an overview for those wishing some fundamental insights into anatomy and physiology, or as the foundation on which further study can build. The course initially establishes the basics of cells and tissues, and then goes on to survey the body’s major organ systems.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
Below is one offering of BHSC 1119 for the Fall 2023 term.
Tue Sep 05 - Fri Nov 24 (12 weeks)
- 12 weeks
- CRN 33154
Class meeting times
|Sep 05 - Nov 24||N/A||N/A||Distance|
- Guided learning format.
- Important course information will be sent to you prior to your course start date. Check your myBCIT email account to access this information.
This online Learning Hub course is for students in the Cardiology Diploma program. IMPORTANT NOTE: Registration is available on an individual course basis for those who wish to take continuing education credits (Max 3 courses). Registration does not imply admission to the program. Follow up instructions will be e-mailed after registering. Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org. * BHSC 1119 offered ONLY in the FALL & WINTER terms.
This course offering is in progress. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive email updates.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Identify classic body systems.
- Explain major structural components of each body system.
- Describe the functional capacity or functions of the human body systems.
- Relate each body system to the common goal of homeostasis.
Effective as of Fall 2011
Essentials of Anatomy and Physiology (BHSC 1119) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Health Sciences
- Cardiology Technology
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Essentials of Anatomy and Physiology (BHSC 1119)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.