- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
The Directed Study course aims to provide students the opportunity to undertake supervised elements of study that are not offered elsewhere across the Institute, UBC, SFU or another post-secondary institute. While students are expected to select courses whenever possible from the available structured academic offerings, students may pursue through directed study a complementary course that has a supportive focus to the curriculum within the Building Science Graduate Program. The directed study course is structured to allow pursuit of a well-formulated and synthesised study plan. The course may be completed individually or with more than one student. The directed study course is separate from the Research Thesis (BSCI 9850) or Research Project (BSCI 9755) and should not constitute a part of the final thesis or project submission. The student must submit a Directed Studies Approval Form (See Graduate Student Handbook). The Directed Studies Approval Form outlines the statement of intent, objectives, milestones and schedule and includes a supporting bibliography. The form is to be signed by the student’s Supervisor and Program Director prior to the student's eligibility to register for this elective. The student works under the direction of their Supervisor or other BCIT faculty approved by the Supervisor. Student and Supervisor shall meet as required.
- With completion of the Directed Studies Approval Form and the Supervisor's and Building Science Graduate Program Director’s Approval.
Below is one offering of BSCI 9090 for the Winter 2024 term.
Wed Jan 03 - Wed Apr 10 (15 weeks)
- 15 weeks
- CRN 86755
- Domestic fees $1752.40International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees.
Class meeting times
|Jan 03 - Apr 10||N/A||N/A||Burnaby|
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
- Departmental approval needed
- International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
Please contact Program Assistant, at BCIT_buildingscience@bcit.ca for approval to register for this course. Please include your A#.
At the end of this course the student will be able to:
- Synthesise connections, comparisons, and continuities between and among fields of knowledge and technologies as it pertains to the directed study and building science.
- Students will be required to defend their ideas and research findings in an accepted academic format (e.g. research paper/report) which includes proper citation of sources.
Effective as of Fall 2016
Directed Studies (BSCI 9090) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Construction and the Environment
If you have a question or comment about this course, please complete and submit the form below.
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Directed Studies (BSCI 9090)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.