We live in the Big Data era, but many small- and medium-sized organizations are unable to capitalize on the opportunities, insights, and competitive advantages available from the quintiles of data produced every day. And no surprise: it's an overwhelming and jargon-filled landscape. This course will introduce marketers to strategies for prioritizing the data that matters to a business, the tools to measure common marketing data sources, frameworks and methodologies for digital marketing data analysis, and best practices for reporting marketing data insights. Students will explore and analyze real-world data from social media platforms, e-commerce websites, mobile apps and more, as well as use current tools to create digital marketing dashboards. The final project will have students present their digital marketing analytics reports.
- 50% in MKTG 1352
Below is one offering of MKTG 2652 for the Fall 2022 term.
Tue Sep 06 - Sat Nov 26 (12 weeks)
- 12 weeks
- CRN 48324
Class meeting times
|Sep 06 - Nov 26||N/A||N/A||Online|
- Internet delivery format.
Please note that the lecture component for this course is asynchronous, not requiring you to meet each and every week at a specific time, however, there will be specific timelines for assignments and exams. It is important you have a stable and consistent internet connection to access course content. Please check the following link to ensure you meet the computer requirements for the class. www.bcit.ca/files/business/pdf/bcit-sobm-byod.pdf Course content, type and quality of assignments, and general standards for this online course are the same as classroom courses. To be successful in this online course, plan to spend 7-10 hours per week on your studies, or more if it’s a condensed course, starting Week 1. Important course information will be sent to your myBCIT account prior to your course start date.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Apply key digital marketing analytics concepts and common measurement frameworks
- Select and use appropriate digital tools to meet measurement objectives
- Diagnose brand health through digital marketing measurement tools
- Identify audience insights and opportunities for targeting
- Calculate the return on investment of digital marketing activities
- Apply digital marketing analytics to improve customer service
- Apply digital marketing analytics to launch a new product
- Conduct web analytics and evaluate website performance data
- Select data sources and measurement methods aligned with marketing objectives
- Create real-time digital marketing dashboards
- Construct and deliver digital analytics reports that present insights and inform strategies and tactics
Effective as of Fall 2021
Digital Marketing Analytics (MKTG 2652) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Business + Media
- Digital Marketing Strategy
Associate Certificate Part-time
- Marketing Management (Marketing Communications Option)
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Digital Marketing Analytics (MKTG 2652)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.