Students will study the history of 20th and 21st century design, including architecture, interior design, furniture, decorative and fine arts. The work of key designers and architects of this time period will be examined and discussed to understand the historical reasons for their development and the impact on design today.
Below is one offering of INTD 3370 for the Spring/Summer 2023 term.
Thu Apr 13 - Thu Jun 29 (12 weeks)
- 12 weeks
- CRN 56828
Class meeting times
|Apr 13 - Jun 29||Thu||18:00 - 21:00||Burnaby NE01 Rm. 411|
This course offering is in progress. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive email updates.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe the influences affecting the evolution of 20th and 21st century design
- Describe the relationships between styles in architecture and interior design.
- Identify iconic pieces, such as furniture, decorative objects and buildings.
- Choose appropriate furnishings, materials & finishes, lighting fixtures, artwork and decorative art objects for the adaptive reuse of a historical building, based on its existing architecture and interior design.
- Explore 20th & 21st century designers/architects, with respect to their influence on contemporary design.
Effective as of Fall 2020
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Design History 2 (INTD 3370)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.