- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
Students will study the history of 20th and 21st century design, including architecture, interior design, furniture, decorative and fine arts. The work of key designers and architects of this time period will be examined and discussed to understand the historical reasons for their development and the impact on design today.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Describe the influences affecting the evolution of 20th and 21st century design
- Describe the relationships between styles in architecture and interior design.
- Identify iconic pieces, such as furniture, decorative objects and buildings.
- Choose appropriate furnishings, materials & finishes, lighting fixtures, artwork and decorative art objects for the adaptive reuse of a historical building, based on its existing architecture and interior design.
- Explore 20th & 21st century designers/architects, with respect to their influence on contemporary design.
Effective as of Fall 2020
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Design History 2 (INTD 3370)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.