- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
BCIT is an Instructor Training Centre for Cisco Networking Academy and this training is only open to sponsored instructors who are affiliated with an institution that has an active Cisco Networking Academy. Develop software skills needed to become a vital part of today's IT teams. You’ll learn the best practices of modern software development practices, DevOps, and how to securely interact with Application Programming Interfaces (APIs) to automate existing manual processes with only a few lines of code. Prior knowledge of PCAP: Programming Essentials in Python and CCNA: Introduction to Networks (ITN) or equivalent knowledge is strongly recommended. The course delivery will be through distance education where the students read the on-line materials and complete all the on-line chapter quizzes prior to attending in-person or virtual sessions scheduled with the instructor.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
Below is one offering of CITX 3107 for the Fall 2023 term.
Start any time
- 12 weeks
- CRN 49028
- Domestic fees $602.25International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees.
Continuous Entry, Distance or Online
This is an online learning course. Start any time. You have 12 weeks from the date you register to complete this course.
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
- Internet delivery format.
- Departmental approval needed
- International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
Please contact Patrick_Duffey@bcit.ca for pre-approval. Specific instructions will be sent to all participants once they are registered. Note: BCIT reserves the right to cancel courses. In the event of a course cancellation, you will be notified at least two business days prior to the course start. Please ensure that your contact information is current.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Use basic Python programming and Linux skills.
- Implement a development environment using DevNet resources.
- Use software development and design best practices.
- Create REST API requests over HTTPS to securely integrate services.
- Explain the processes and devices that support network connectivity.
- Use current technologies to deploy and secure applications and data in a cloud environment.
- Compare software testing and deployment methods in automation and simulation environments.
- Compare Cisco platforms used for collaboration, infrastructure management, and automation.
Effective as of Winter 2022
If you have a question or comment about this course, please complete and submit the form below.
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Cisco DevNET (Developer's Network) Associate (CITX 3107)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.