- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
BCIT is an Instructor Training Centre for Cisco Networking Academy and this training is only open to sponsored instructors who are affiliated with an institution that has an active Cisco Networking Academy. The course delivery will be 18-hours distance education where the students read the on-line materials and complete all the on-line chapter quizzes prior to attending the 18-hour in-person session. The in-person session concentrates on instructional techniques, technical clarification, skills exams, challenge lab activities, and an on-line final exam. The Instructor training prepares instructors to teach the Cisco Networking Academy CCNA-Security course. This training gives insight into classroom management, activation of courses on the NetSpace, administering skills assessments, and leveraging instructor resources. It is recommended that students have some network security experience or training such as CompTIA Security+ prior to attending this course.
- Cisco Network Academy Sponsored IT Instructor and CCENT level training or certification.
Below is one offering of CITX 3105 for the Fall 2023 term.
Start any time
- 12 weeks
- CRN 46347
- Domestic fees $602.25International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees.
Continuous Entry, Distance or Online
This is an online learning course. Start any time. You have 12 weeks from the date you register to complete this course.
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
- Internet delivery format.
- Departmental approval needed
- International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
Departmental approval is required. For approval to register in this course, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Specific instructions will be sent to all participants once they are registered. BCIT reserves the right to cancel courses. In the event of a course cancellation, you will be notified at least two business days prior to the course start. Please ensure that your contact information is current.
Upon successful completion of the CCNA Security course, the instructor will be able to:
- Describe security threats facing modern network infrastructures.
- Activate AAA across a network to provide secure device access.
- Mitigate threats to networks using ACLs.
- Implement secure network management and reporting.
- Mitigate common Layer 2 attacks.
- Configure the Cisco IOS firewall feature set.
- Deploy site-to-site IPSec VPNs.
- Activate Cisco Networking Academy CCNA SECURITY classes.
- Locate educational resources on Cisco Networking Academies website.
- Evaluate student comprehension.
- Invigilate on-line chapter quizzes and exams.
- Deliver skills assessments to students.
Effective as of Spring/Summer 2014
If you have a question or comment about this course, please complete and submit the form below.
Interested in being notified about future offerings of CCNA Security Network Academy Instructor Training (CITX 3105)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.