- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
BCIT is an Instructor Training Centre for Cisco Networking Academy and this training is only open to sponsored instructors who are affiliated with an institution that has an active Cisco Networking Academy. Introduction to Networks (ITN) Instructor training introduces the architectures, models, protocols, and networking elements used as a foundation for corporate networks. Instructors will have the opportunity to build simple local area networks (LANs) and will develop a working knowledge of IP addressing schemes. Foundational network security will be covered and instructors will also be able to perform basic configurations for routers and switches. Networking Academy badges are available for completing this course. The course delivery will be a combination of distance education and in-person sessions. The course delivery will be through distance education where the students read the on-line materials and complete all the on-line chapter quizzes prior to attending 12-hours of in-person sessions scheduled with the instructor. The in-person sessions concentrate on instructional techniques, technical clarification, and challenge lab activities.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
Below is one offering of CITX 3101 for the Fall 2023 term.
Start any time
- 12 weeks
- CRN 45957
- Domestic fees $602.25International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees.
Continuous Entry, Distance or Online
This is an online learning course. Start any time. You have 12 weeks from the date you register to complete this course.
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
- Internet delivery format.
- Departmental approval needed
- International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
Departmental approval is required. For approval to register in this course, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Specific instructions will be sent to all participants once they are registered. BCIT reserves the right to cancel courses. In the event of a course cancellation, you will be notified at least two business days prior to the course start. Please ensure that your contact information is current.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Build simple Local Area Networks
- Perform basic configuration for routers and switches
- Configure routers, switches and end devices to access local and remote networks
- Configure end-to-end connectivity between remote devices
- Implement IPv4 and IPv6 addressing schemes
- Configure and troubleshoot a small network using IPv4
- Implement a small network using security best practices
Effective as of Spring/Summer 2020
If you have a question or comment about this course, please complete and submit the form below.
Interested in being notified about future offerings of CCNA-1 Network Academy Instructor Training (CITX 3101)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.