This course will rotate students through the cardiology department of various hospital professional labs and doctor’s offices to obtain clinical experience in electrocardiograms, ambulatory ECG hookup, and patient care skills.
- S in CARD 3250
Below is one offering of CARD 3252 for the Fall 2022 term.
Mon Sep 19 - Fri Dec 02 (10 weeks)
- 10 weeks
- CRN 35697
Class meeting times
|Sep 19 - Dec 02||N/A||N/A||Other|
- Clinical lab format.
- Departmental approval needed
- Important course information will be sent to you prior to your course start date. Check your myBCIT email account to access this information.
This Cardiology Diploma Clinical 1 is for Cardiology Diploma students who have successfully completed required course prerequisites and have approval from the Clinical Coordinator. Clinical Applications must be downloaded from the D2L Cardiology Diploma Community Site and submitted to the appropriate folder in the dropbox.
This course offering is in progress. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive email updates.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Interact and communicate in a professional manner with patients, technologists, physicians, and all other allied health professionals.
- Operate, calibrate, troubleshoot, and maintain equipment.
- Record and analyze electrocardiograms.
- Apply AECG monitors, instruct patient, and disconnect recorder at end of recording.
- Apply theory knowledge of patient care skills and maintain universal precautions.
- Perform computer skills; understand management systems and informatics.
- Maintain patient care skills and practice universal precautions.
- Practice proper documentation and reporting of all cardiac procedures.
- Apply professional standards, ethics, and legalities.
- Comply with facility (clinical sites) and BCIT’s directives.
- Apply effective communication skills in the clinical environment.
Effective as of Winter 2022
Cardiology Technology Diploma Clinical 1 (CARD 3252) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Health Sciences
- Cardiology Technology
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Cardiology Technology Diploma Clinical 1 (CARD 3252)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.