This online course introduces participants to customer handling and shop administration within the automotive service and repair industry. Potential candidates are: upgrading technicians, vehicle enthusiasts looking to expand their theoretical knowledge of the auto industry, career transitioners, and those seeking general knowledge for a career in automotive service advising. Topics discussed, but not limited to are: trends in the automotive industry, pay structures, flat rate schedules, price quotations, marketing, customer handling and follow-up, and understanding vehicle maintenance and repair.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
Below is one offering of AUTO 2160 for the Fall 2023 term.
Tue Sep 19 - Wed Oct 04 (3 weeks)
- 3 weeks
- CRN 47459
Class meeting times
|Sep 19 - Oct 04||Tue, Wed, Thu||18:00 - 21:00||Online|
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
- Internet delivery format.
- Important course information will be sent to you prior to your course start date. Check your myBCIT email account to access this information.
This is an online course. Class is held in a virtual classroom.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Explain various automotive service management organizations and structures
- Describe service advising responsibilities and job description / expectations
- Demonstrate customer sales and relation techniques
- Describe various forms and procedures used in service and repair facilities
- Practice customer satisfaction strategies
- Provide written job estimate and quotations for various automotive repair operations
- Showcase ownership maintenance requirements for typical vehicle technologies
Effective as of Fall 2020
Automotive Service Advisor (AUTO 2160) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Transportation
- Automotive Service Management Essentials
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Automotive Service Advisor (AUTO 2160)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.