This online course introduces participants to customer handling and shop administration within the automotive service and repair industry. Potential candidates are: upgrading technicians, vehicle enthusiasts looking to expand their theoretical knowledge of the auto industry, career transitioners, and those seeking general knowledge for a career in automotive service advising. Topics discussed, but not limited to are: trends in the automotive industry, pay structures, flat rate schedules, price quotations, marketing, customer handling and follow-up, and understanding vehicle maintenance and repair.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Explain various automotive service management organizations and structures
- Describe service advising responsibilities and job description / expectations
- Demonstrate customer sales and relation techniques
- Describe various forms and procedures used in service and repair facilities
- Practice customer satisfaction strategies
- Provide written job estimate and quotations for various automotive repair operations
- Showcase ownership maintenance requirements for typical vehicle technologies
Effective as of Fall 2020
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Automotive Service Advisor (AUTO 2160)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.