- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
This hands-on course expands on the skills and knowledge that you gained in Adobe InDesign 1 by using different tools, drop-down menus, and panels to create a more complex series of projects. You will create multiple master pages with different columns and grids, create a digital imposition, add video with sound controls, precisely position pictures, text, and graphics, and transform digital graphics. As well, you will use step and repeat to create a background pattern, span text columns, and smart link InDesign with Photoshop. You will use a pen tool to create advanced computer graphics with compound paths.
- 50% in MDIA 1049
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
- Set up multiple master facing pages so that items appear consistently on each page of a document.
- Apply consistent formatting to objects through using paragraph and character styles.
- Create tables with formatting specifically set for rows, columns, stroke weights, and colours.
- Apply different transparency settings to objects on different layers for visual design effects.
- Apply different layers to assign text, graphics and pictures.
- Demonstrate use of filling frames proportionally with pictures.
- Integrate Photoshop smart objects into InDesign for painting effects by applying layer masks.
- Create an interactive PDF file with layers to view in Adobe Acrobat.
- Create interactive buttons that control picture placements, videos, and audio.
- Use a pathfinder panel to intersect different objects on a page.
- Use scissors to cut different part of computer graphics.
- Practice using a pen tool to hand draw and rotate letters around to create headlines.
Effective as of Fall 2016
Adobe InDesign 2 (MDIA 2049) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Business + Media
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Adobe InDesign 2 (MDIA 2049)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.