- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
In this hands-on course, you will create and design content with Adobe InDesign using creative and typographic tools. You will create your document for single and multiple pages using tools, drop-down menus, and panels, set up columns, use select and direct selection tools, create layers, create colours from different libraries, create paragraph and character styles, create picture frames, apply text wraps around pictures, and check links. You will create a series of projects using all of the above tools and techniques.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
- Create threaded text that flows correctly from column to column across multiple pages.
- Format text by changing fonts and applying kerning, tracking, and other typographic controls.
- Control different horizontal alignment settings, apply left and right indents, create drop caps, adjust bad line breaks, and add additional leading between paragraphs.
- Horizontally align multiple columns of text by setting up a horizontal grid.
- Create and apply paragraph styles that can globally update text formatting to enable a more consistent overall design.
- Position any object precisely on a page both horizontally and vertically through defining a zero point setting and matching reference point setting.
- Assign text, pictures, graphics, video, and music to individual layers to organize and create your content efficiently.
- Create text that flows along a curved path.
- Build a default preference file that assigns measurements, display performance controls, and typographic controls.
- Create colours, tints and gradients to use in your artwork.
- Ensure that all of your assets are available through using the links panel.
- Use a pen tool to create graphics.
Effective as of Fall 2016
Adobe InDesign 1 (MDIA 1049) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Business + Media
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Adobe InDesign 1 (MDIA 1049)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.