This hands-on course expands on the skills and knowledge that gained in Adobe Illustrator 1 by using different tools, drop-down menus, and panels to create a more complex series of projects. To complete the projects, you will use a perspective grid for creating 3D artwork that fades to a vanishing point. You will create a clipping mask, rotate objects around a fixed point, create patterns, use different drawing modes, use the scissors tool to cut and join paths, use pathfinder tools to divide graphics, and transform and move objects precisely on both a horizontal and vertical axis point. You will work with live corners, use key objects for aligning graphics, create colour groups, and use brushes to paint and spray graphics for visual effects.
- 50% in MDIA 1160
Below is one offering of MDIA 2260 for the Winter 2023 term.
Wed Jan 04 - Wed Feb 08 (6 weeks)
- 6 weeks
- CRN 85503
Class meeting times
|Jan 04 - Feb 08||Wed||18:00 - 21:00||Online|
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
- Internet delivery format.
- Important course information will be sent to you prior to your course start date. Check your myBCIT email account to access this information.
Pre-requisite: MDIA 1160 or equivalent This is not a self-paced course. You will be expected to be available and online on the posted days and times shown on your registration schedule. It is important you have a stable and consistent internet connection to access course content. Please log into learn.bcit.ca using your BCIT student email and password on the first day of class. You will require access to the Adobe Creative Cloud in order to complete this course. Students who are currently registered in one or more part-time courses can purchase a subscription for Adobe Creative Cloud Pro at a discount through BCIT’s new software portal kb.bcit.ca/student/adobe-creative-cloud-subscription-part-time-student-3130 If this section is full, you can add your contact information to the School of Business Waitlist: sobptswaitlist.bcitsitecentre.ca
Upon successful completion of this course the student will be able to:
- Create 3D artwork using a perspective grid that fades to a vanishing point.
- Align and distribute multiple objects relative to each other using a key object.
- Manipulate layers and sub-layers to arrange artwork.
- Paint and spray objects on artwork with different brushes.
- Demonstrate the use of the pathfinder tools including; unite, minus front, intersect, exclude, divide, trim, merge, crop, outline and minus back.
- Create exact matches of paths using paste in front.
- Globally change the fill and stroke, fill colour, stroke colour, stroke weight, and blending modes using different selection options.
- Draw and paint graphics using a draw inside mode.
- Average points mathematically on both a horizontal and vertical axis point.
- Apply and adjust live corners to artwork.
- Create new colour groups to organize and control colour use.
- Transform objects using scale, rotate, reflection, and shear from a central reference point.
Effective as of Fall 2016
Adobe Illustrator 2 (MDIA 2260) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Business + Media
- Media Techniques and Marketing Communications
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Adobe Illustrator 2 (MDIA 2260)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.