Welcome to BCIT Student Services
BCIT is committed to its students’ success – academic, professional, and personal. BCIT Student Services is here to support your wellbeing and development, and to help you reach your goals. We want you to thrive, not just in your chosen profession, but throughout your life.
Academic and Learning Services
BCIT wants to see every student achieve their academic goals. Learning resources are in place to support students to succeed with their academic course work.
- Learning Commons
- Peer Tutoring
- Writing Centre
- Trades Learning Centre
- Accessibility Services
- ehPod Computer Lab
There are many services in place to help support you to connect your academic world to your career world. From applied learning to job searches, BCIT has you covered when it comes to taking the necessary steps in your career path.
- eJobs (register here for access to employment opportunities)
- Student Employment Services
- Centre for Workplace Education (Co-Op)
- International Students - Working in Canada
- Student Association (BCITSA) Career Services
Financial Aid and Scholarships
In addition to merit-based entrance awards and academic awards, BCIT offers need-based bursaries and emergency funds. Visit the Student Financial Aid & Awards site to view the full range of services.
- Entrance Awards
- BCIT Academic Awards
- Emergency Funds
- International Students
- Indigenous Students
Health and Wellness
From state-of-the-art recreation services, to access services for students with acute or chronic health issues, to in-person or virtual counseling appointments, to resources that help students de-stress, BCIT has student wellbeing front of mind.
- Recreation Services
- Accessibility Services
- Student Health Services
- Counselling and Student Development
- Mindfulness Workshops
- Sun Stations
- Sleep Pods
- Student Association (BCITSA) Health & Dental Plan
BCIT is committed to the success of Indigenous students. Indigenous Services serves as a welcoming “home away from home”. For a full overview, visit Indigenous Services.
- Indigenous Gathering Place (including kitchen and computing facilities)
- Scholarships and Financial Aid
- Peer to Peer Mentorship
- Sweat Lodge
- Elders in Residence
International Student Centre
BCIT is committed to making the transition to Metro Vancouver and BCIT as simple and stress-free as possible. Resources are available online or in person at both the Burnaby and Downtown campuses. Visit International at BCIT for full details.
Safety and Security
From emergency response to the Safer Walk program and Safety Wise app, Safety and Security will ensure your safety on campus. Visit Safety, Security, and Emergency Management, or see the direct links below to learn about key safety and security services.
- Emergency Contacts
- Emergency Telephones
- Lost and Found
- Safer Walk
- BCIT Alert
- SafetyWise - download the app!
From the moment a student receives their admissions letter, to their graduation day, the Student Life Office plays an integral role supporting and connecting students to on-campus resources and services that enhance their wellbeing and enable them to thrive throughout their student lifecycle.
- Kickstart and Program Orientation
- Student Life Ambassadors
- Early Assist
- The Eight Dimensions of Wellbeing
Student Rights and Responsibilities
BCIT has a range of policies that support the rights and responsibilities of all BCIT community members. Take the time to browse all of BCIT’s policies online. The selection of policies linked below are PDF files. To view the files, your computer must have the free Acrobat Reader installed. Download Acrobat Reader.
- Acceptable Use of Information Technology (3501)
- Student Regulations (5101)
- Student Code of Conduct (Non-academic) (5102)
- Academic Integrity and Appeals (5104)
- Sexual Violence & Misconduct (7103)
- Safety and Security (7100)
- Harassment and Discrimination (7507)
- Student Association (BCITSA) Advocacy - information, advice, intervention and referrals