- International Fees
International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
Through a series of video notes this course explores the wealth of statistical data Google Analytics provides, to track how visitor activity can help you streamline your design and guide your marketing strategies. By reviewing the data in Google Analytics reports, you will learn how to optimize different aspects of your site to increase visitors, maximize Conversion Rates, and reduce your Costs of Acquisition. The course also teaches the importance of your online persona and how to synchronize your brand across all Social Media outlets.
- 50% in MDIA 2205
Below is one offering of MDIA 4312 for the Winter 2024 term.
Tue Jan 09 - Tue Mar 26 (12 weeks)
- 12 weeks
- CRN 82197
- Domestic fees $683.61International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees.
Class meeting times
|Jan 09 - Mar 26||N/A||N/A||Online|
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
- Internet delivery format.
- Important course information will be sent to you prior to your course start date. Check your myBCIT email account to access this information.
- International fees are typically three times the amount of domestic fees. Exact cost will be calculated upon completion of registration.
Pre-requisite: MDIA 1205 and MDIA 2205 or equivalent. This course will be delivered entirely online, however, is an asynchronous course which does not require that you meet each week at a specific time. Materials will be posted every week and students are required to check the content posted and submit assignments weekly.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Set up Google Analytics and install tracking code.
- Manage user accounts.
- Defining your Marketing goals.
- Identify Key Performance Indicators.
- Study visitor behavioral data for device, location, operation system and point of entry.
- Apply filters and remove internal traffic.
- Identify key landing pages.
- Measure your Search Engine Optimization results.
- Manage Social Media Campaigns, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube.
- Generate and navigate demographic reports.
- Calculate Conversion Rates.
- Minimize the Cost of Acquisition.
- Improve your online persona.
- Synchronize with AdWords campaigns.
- Use the collected data to influence design and code changes.
Effective as of Fall 2014
Web and Mobile Analytics (MDIA 4312) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Business + Media
- Web Technologies
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Web and Mobile Analytics (MDIA 4312)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.