Upon successful completion, the student will have learned best practices in warehouse management relating to: receiving, putaway, restocking, order picking, cycle counting, and employee performance measurement. Students develop applicable procedures/standards for their own operations, and be able to take these back to the work place.
- 50% in OPMT 1175
Below is one offering of OPMT 2275 for the Winter 2023 term.
Tue Jan 10 - Tue Mar 28 (12 weeks)
- 12 weeks
- CRN 89763
Class meeting times
|Jan 10 - Mar 28||Tue||18:30 - 21:30||Burnaby SE06 Rm. 109|
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
This course offering is in progress. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive email updates.
Upon successful completion, the student will be able to:
- Differentiate between domestic and global logistics.
- Describe the critical changes affecting global logistics.
- Discuss the North America Free Trade Agreement and its effect on logistics.
- Discuss warehousing and packaging requirements for global shipments.
- Understand the role and importance of logistics in private and public organizations.
- Understand the value-added roles of logistics on both a micro and macro level.
- Explain logistics systems from several perspectives.
- Discuss the important management activities in the logistics function.
- Realize the meaning of customer service, and understand its importance to logistics and supply chain management.
- Appreciate the role and importance of inventory in the economy.
- Understand the fundamental differences among approaches to managing inventory.
- Recognize key issues in information systems.
- Understand the scope and importance of performance measurement.
- Explain the characteristics of good performance measures.
- Discuss cost and service performance measurement and qualifications.
- Discuss overall supply chain metrics.
- Understand what is meant by strategy and how it applies to logistics and supply chain management.
Effective as of Fall 2005
Warehouse Management 2 (OPMT 2275) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Business + Media
- Operations Management (Materials Management Option)
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Warehouse Management 2 (OPMT 2275)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.