This course is designed to integrate and apply all the skills attained in prior Video Production and Editing Associate Certificate courses. Students will work on a self-directed project (or projects) under the supervision of an assigned Broadcast and Media instructor. This course will give you the experience of on-going consultation with a client to plan to create a video production, from start to finish - including planning, writing, story-boarding, shooting, editing, and final revisions to meet the client’s needs.
Below is one offering of BCST 3005 for the Fall 2023 term.
Wed Sep 13 - Wed Nov 29 (12 weeks)
- 12 weeks
- CRN 44223
Class meeting times
|Sep 13 - Oct 04||Wed||18:00 - 21:00||Downtown DTC|
|Oct 11 - Nov 01||Wed||18:00 - 21:00||Online|
|Nov 08 - Nov 29||Wed||18:00 - 21:00||Downtown DTC|
Course outline TBD — see Learning Outcomes in the interim.
- Departmental approval needed
- Important course information will be sent to you prior to your course start date. Check your myBCIT email account to access this information.
If seats remain, registration is permitted after the course start date up to September 19th by calling 604-434-1610. This course is delivered in a synchronous hybrid format (online and in person). Classes are held in person on Sept 13, 20, 27, Oct 4, Nov 8, 15, 22, and 29, all others are online. You will be expected to attend during all posted weekly class meeting times as this is not a self-paced course. Adobe Creative Cloud is required in order to complete this course. Students who are actively registered in one or more part-time courses can purchase a subscription to Adobe Creative Cloud Pro at a discount through BCIT’s new software portal: kb.bcit.ca/student/adobe-creative-cloud-subscription-flexible-learning-student-3130/.
Upon successful completion, the student will be able to:
- Create a short project, documentary, promotional or educational video.
- Consult with a client to determine finished project expectations and goals.
- Plan a video production, including shooting and editing requirements and scheduling.
- Write a script for the chosen project.
- Develop a storyboard that shows the elements needed to support the story/message.
- Shoot video footage that captures the essence of the story/message.
- Create digital assets and graphics that enhance the story/message.
- Compose and/or mix audio elements that support the production.
- Edit video and audio to effectively communicate the story.
- Finesse finished video to meet client's needs and expectations.
- Prepare finished video so it may be viewed on chosen format, including social media platforms.
Effective as of Fall 2018
Video Production and Editing Final Project (BCST 3005) is offered as a part of the following programs:
School of Business + Media
- Video Production and Editing
Associate Certificate Part-time
If you have a question or comment about this course, please complete and submit the form below.
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Video Production and Editing Final Project (BCST 3005)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.