This course introduces the enthusiast to the unique processes required to weld heavier gauge body panels found on vintage year vehicles. The student will learn to heat, cut, weld, braze and shrink using oxyacetylene. The student will also learn to weld on replacement and rust repair panels using the gas metal arc (MIG) welder.
- No prerequisites are required for this course.
- Not offered this term
- This course is not offered this term. Please check back next term or subscribe to receive notifications of future course offerings and other opportunities to learn more about this course and related programs.
- Upon successful completion, the student will be able to:
- Describe safety procedures / personal protective equipment (PPE) used to weld.
- Describe oxyacetylene equipment.
- Describe oxyacetylene weld and cut techniques.
- Describe equipment and set up procedures used to MIG weld.
- Describe various techniques to MIG weld.
- Apply oxyacetylene cut / shrink techniques.
- Apply MIG weld procedures and techniques.
Effective as of Spring/Summer 2010
Interested in being notified about future offerings of Vehicle Restoration: Welding (ABOD 0131)? If so, fill out the information below and we'll notify you by email when courses for each new term are displayed here.
Programs and courses are subject to change without notice.